Today Summer was back to her "old self" and by that I mean she was girth sour (just a little bit) and decided she couldn't move forward without me carrying a crop. It's a weird concept actually because I don't even have to "remind" her I have the crop for her to have a 180 degree change of attitude. Today we worked on rhythm (posting trot) and straightness in the corners (ride deep into them and look where you're going or you're never going to get there! Words of wisdom from some lady named Trish) I felt like I had knees made of jello today so I know my position wasn't the greatest and my hands were all over the place!
I'm also working on making my lines straighter and trying hard to keep Summer out of the schooling horse "rut" in the ring. Grrrr, it's harder than I thought!! We're training again tomorrow so I think I'll so soak in some Epsom Salt so I'm ready.

No comments:
Post a Comment